OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - The University of Mississippi Police Department confirm the driver of the hit and run that happened around 2 a.m. Sunday.
John Walsten, 18, turned himself in, Monday morning to the police.
It happened near the intersection of Northgate Drive and Sorority Row. Walsten hit a pedestrian walking across the street in his red Chevy Silverado and kept going.
He was charged for leaving the scene of an accident with injuries.
The victim was rushed to the hospital with severe injuries and is confirmed still being treated at the Hosptial, according to the UPD press release.
- Ole Miss student injured in hit-and-run
- Starkville High student injured in hit-and-run
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Noxubee County investigates hit-and-run that injured man
- Ole Miss students make dresses for girls in need
- Ole Miss to launch new program for international students
- Family of slain Ole Miss student relieved by Wilbanks verdict
- Ole Miss student rallies support for Florida high school
- UPDATE: Students react to active tuberculosis case at Ole Miss