OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Officers with the University of Mississippi Police Department will undergo tactical active shooter training next week.
The training is mandatory for all UPD officers. It will be conducted at the Buddy East Range and Shoot House between July 17 and July 19 from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
This training will help officers learn how to respond quickly and effectively to possible active shooter situations.
- Ole Miss police officers to undergo tactical active shooter training
- Oxford police host active shooter prevention training
- UPDATE: Students react to active tuberculosis case at Ole Miss
- 'Active Shooter' video game sparks outrage
- Ole Miss names new police chief
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Missouri wins over Ole Miss
- ICC to hold mock active shooter drill in Belden Friday
- Starkville police search for shooter