OXFORD, Miss (WTVA) -- The search for a new police chief at the University of Mississippi is now over.
According to the Oxford Eagle, Ray Hawkins has been named as the university's new police chief.
Hawkins has been with the department for more than 20 years and is serving as the assistant chief of police for school.
He was one of four candidates vying for the position.
Hawkins replaces Tim Potts who resigned to take a position in Indiana.
- Ole Miss names new police chief
- Finance chief named interim chancellor at Ole Miss
- Ole Miss names new women's basketball coach
- Ole Miss named NCAA Regional host
- Ole Miss police chief resigns to take position in Indiana
- Oxford names interim police chief
- Shelton named new Columbus police chief
- MUW names new chief of police
- Ole Miss' A.J. Brown named semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
- Luke named permanent Ole Miss head football coach