OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss has named Erica McKinley as the university's new general counsel.
She was the former Chief Operating Officer for the National Basketball Players Association.
She is an attorney with nearly 20 years of global legal experience in the private and public sector.
In her new role, she will serve as the university's chief legal officer. She will provide advice and counsel on matters including governance, research, athletics, student affairs and finance.
She will also help advise the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
McKinley also served in a similar role with Walmart.
She is a graduate of Ole Miss.
She will begin her new role on June 22.
- Ole Miss names alumna new general counsel for university
- Ole Miss names new police chief
- Ole Miss names new women's basketball coach
- Ole Miss' A.J. Brown named semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
- Luke named permanent Ole Miss head football coach
- Ole Miss officially names Kermit Davis as men's basketball coach
- Ole Miss' Brown, MSU trio named to preseason watch lists
- Ole Miss: Donor wants his name removed after ‘racial’ post
- Letter: Name Ole Miss journalism school for black reporter
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7