OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss has officially launched its search for a new athletics director, the university announced Wednesday.
Since the departure of former Athletics Director Ross Bjork in May, Keith Carter has served in an interim capacity.
Ole Miss Chancellor Glenn Boyce was appointed in October. | Source: IHL
On Wednesday, new Ole Miss Chancellor Glenn Boyce announced the members of the search committee, which is tasked with finding the next leader of the university's athletics department.
The search committee is comprised of former Ole Miss baseball player, David Dellucci; former Ole Miss women’s basketball player and coach, Peggie Gillom-Granderson; former Ole Miss football players, Jesse Mitchell, Davis Morris and Wesley Walls; and Ole Miss law professor, Ron Rychlak.
Ole Miss alumnus and retired FedEx executive Mike Glenn of Memphis will chair the search committee. According to the university, Glenn co-chaired the 2012 search, which led to Bjork’s hiring.
Ole Miss football legend Archie Manning agreed to serve in an advisory role to the committee and the chancellor.
The university has not established a specific timetable for the search; however, the search committee “will move forward expeditiously with its work."
Boyce said a search firm will be retained to ensure a strong candidate pool and help the search committee move quickly.
Boyce was named the university's chancellor in early October. He replaced former Chancellor Jeffrey Vitter.
- Ole Miss launches search for next athletics director
- Ole Miss names Keith Carter athletics director
- Keith Carter named Ole Miss interim Athletics Director
- Ole Miss athletics director speaks about firing of Matt Luke
- Ole Miss athletics to begin beer sales October 19
- Ole Miss to launch new program for international students
- Longtime Mooreville athletic director, basketball coach retires
- Listening session this week in search for Ole Miss leader
- IHL releases timeline of Ole Miss chancellor search
- Listening sessions set for Ole Miss chancellor search