OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss Chancellor Jeffrey Vitter is resigning from his post.
He became chancellor of the university in January 2016.
In a news release issued by the university, Vitter will serve as chancellor through Jan. 3, 2019, and continue as a faculty member in the School of Engineering's Department of Computer and Information Science.
"I am excited about the opportunity as a faculty member to advance the university's research and academic excellence," he stated. "Both Sharon and I will remain strong citizens of Rebel Nation."
This is a developing story.
- Ole Miss chancellor Vitter resigning; to remain as faculty member
- UPDATE: Ole Miss faculty issue statement about donor's social media post
- Ole Miss police chief resigns to take position in Indiana
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Houston Nutt refiles lawsuit against Ole Miss
- Houston Nutt, Ole Miss reach settlement
- Former Ole Miss Rebel Justin Reed dies
- Ole Miss Engineering honors Tupelo native
- Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson to transfer