OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) – The University of Mississippi has unveiled a plaque to honor a Tupelo native and businessman.
The plaque can be found in the lobby of Brevard Hall to honor Ole Miss alumnus and benefactor Henry C. Brevard, Jr. and his family.
He is the founder of B&B Concrete. He also supported the university by creating a faculty chair endowment and a scholarship endowment that helped more than 500 students attend the School of Engineering.
He graduated from Ole Miss in 1943.
His family also contributed funds to renovate the landmark building on the Circle, known as Old Chemistry, as the headquarters for the engineering school. The building was rededicated as Brevard Hall in 2011.
- Ole Miss Engineering honors Tupelo native
- Tishomingo native awarded Ole Miss' top academic honor
- Ole Miss to honor late Miss America for $1.6M donation
- Report: Tupelo native enters race for Congress
- Local mothers receive Ole Miss' highest academic honor
- Mantachie native to graduate from Ole Miss after life-changing event
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Miss Tupelo Crowned Miss Mississippi 2018
- Man reported missing in Tupelo