OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - University of Mississippi alumnus Ed Meek responded to his name being removed from the university's School of Journalism building.
Meek took to social media saying, "My intended reference was only to the increasing violence in our community, but this was twisted into an unintended racial issue."
Meek was criticized earlier this year after posting pictures of two African-American women on Facebook.
Some believed Meek suggested they exemplified problems threatening the local economy.
See our original article here.
"No greater damage can be done to my soul than to know I have brought shame to our Ole Miss," Meek said.
- Ole Miss alumnus responds to removal of name from building
- Ole Miss alumnus creates scholarship to help incoming freshmen
- Ole Miss: Donor wants his name removed after ‘racial’ post
- Ole Miss donor's name being removed after racist comment
- Ole Miss to spend $1 million studying new pharmacy building
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Missouri wins over Ole Miss
- Houston Nutt refiles lawsuit against Ole Miss
- Houston Nutt, Ole Miss reach settlement