TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo city council has decided the old Tupelo-Lee Humane Society building on South Gloster Street is no longer worth keeping.
In a board meeting on Monday, the city's attorney Ben Logan confirmed they have gotten the demolition approved and will start as soon as possible.
The city will also be paving a small road that connects the land to another property down the road to help solve a litigation issue.
JJ Rentals is the new owner of the building and land.
There is still no word on what they are going to do with it yet.
- Old Tupelo-Lee Humane Society building to be demolished
- Student artwork supports Tupelo-Lee Humane Society
- Tupelo-Lee Humane Society deep cleans to prevent distemper
- Tupelo-Lee County Humane Society opens door for new facility
- Tupelo humane society hosts puppy, kitten shower
- Bonanza Steakhouse demolished in Tupelo
- Oktibbeha Humane Society hosts clinic day
- City of Tupelo set to demolish apartment complex
- Humane society preps for move to new facility
- Building evacuated at Tupelo High School