Fleming was charged with three counts of aggravated assault, simple assault, and malicious mischief. His bond was set at $15,500
Tharp was charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, and malicious mischief. His bond was set at $6,000.
Oktibbeha County Sheriff Steve Gladney confirmed that Chad Tharp surrendered at approximately 8:30 p.m. Friday.
Original post below
OKTIBBEHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - One assault suspect is now in custody while another is still wanted.
Jonathan Fleming, 46, was taken into custody on Friday, Feb. 8 at 3 p.m.
Sheriff's investigator Lt. Jon Davis said Fleming was found at a residence on Hebron Road in Choctaw County.
Arrest warrants for aggravated assault were issued Thursday for Fleming and Chad Tharp, 46.
The two are accused of beating up some people early Thursday morning. Deputies showed up about 1:30 a.m. on J.Y. Turner Road after being told about the assault.
Law enforcement would not reveal the number of victims but did say they were taken to OCH Regional Medical Center in Starkville. They were treated and released.
Oktibbeha County Sheriff Steve Gladney confirms with WTVA that Chard Tharp turned himself in around 8:30 p.m. Friday.
- UPDATE: Two men wanted for Oktibbeha County assault charged
- Brother, sister arrested for Oktibbeha County assault
- Men charged with various crimes in Oktibbeha County
- Two men charged with Itawamba County assault
- UPDATE: Man charged with murder in Oktibbeha County homicide
- UPDATE: Friends remember Oktibbeha County murder victim
- UPDATE: Missing teen found in Oktibbeha County
- Oktibbeha County man faces four counts of aggravated assault
- Wanted Oktibbeha County fugitive caught in Winston County
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one