STURGIS, Miss. (WTVA) - The public in Oktibbeha County will see firefighters participate in a water shuttle exercise on Wednesday.
According to Oktibbeha County Fire & Rescue, the exercise will be on Wednesday, May 23 beginning at 9:30 a.m.
A water shuttle exercise will include the moving of approximately 40,000 gallons of water. The purpose is to grad the Oktibbeha County District Four Fire Protection Grading District.
The location of the exercises will be at the intersection of Pleasant Ridge Road and Sturgis-West Point Road.
Fire officials say this will involved the use of lights and sirens.
For safety, the intersection and all public roadways withing 500 feet of the site will be temporarily closed to the general public.
The drill is expected to be done no later than 11:30 a.m.
Please expect emergency vehicle traffic on the following roadways during this time:
- Sturgis - West Point Road (between Highway 12 and Pleasant Ridge Road)
- Pleasant Ridge Road (between Highway 12 and Sturgis - West Point Road)
- Highway 12 (within the Sturgis municipal boundaries)
- Sturgis - Louisville Road (between Highway 12 and the sawmill)
- South Montgomery (between Highway 12 and South Park)
- South Park (between Highway 12 and South Montgomery)
- Oktibbeha County to hold water shuttle drill on Wednesday
- Water level at Oktibbeha Lake rises overnight
- UPDATE: MDEQ lifts water contact advisory in Oktibbeha County
- MDEQ revises water contact advisory in Oktibbeha County
- Oktibbeha County engineers working to lower water levels
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one
- Statewide tornado drill set for Wednesday morning
- Lowndes County first responders to hold large drill next week
- Lane closures expected in Oktibbeha County
- Oktibbeha County bridge closed for repairs