STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Oktibbeha County Sheriff Steve Gladney will serve another term, reports the Starkville Daily News.
The incumbent barely secured a victory in the Democratic Primary.
The race was too close to call Tuesday night due to the number of affidavit ballots.
Those ballots were processed Wednesday.
In all, Gladney received 50 percent of the total votes
Former Oktibbeha County sheriff’s deputy John Rice narrowly lost with more than 46 percent of the total votes.
No Republican candidates are running for the position.
- Oktibbeha County sheriff secures votes to serve another term
- Man sought by Oktibbeha County sheriff's deputies
- Report: New security cameras coming to Oktibbeha County jail
- Oktibbeha County supervisors vote to reappoint fire coordinator
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one
- September shooting suspect in custody, per Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office
- Lane closures expected in Oktibbeha County
- Oktibbeha County bridge closed for repairs
- No injuries in Oktibbeha County house fire
- Report: Oktibbeha County fire coordinator under scrutiny