OKTIBBEHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Oktibbeha County is wanting to make residents aware of an apparent tax scam.
Oktibbeha County Tax Assessor & Collector Allen Morgan provided the attached document to WTVA.
The letter appears to threaten property seizure if taxes are not paid by a certain date. The letter provides a phone number for people to call “to avoid criminal penalty and to resolve your tax debt.”
Morgan says his office will never ask people to pay over the phone. He urges people with questions or concerns, or if they receive this type of letter, to call or bring the letter to the county tax office.
- Oktibbeha County officials warn of apparent tax scam
- Scam alert out for Oktibbeha County residents
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- Prentiss County warns of scam involving eBay
- Monroe County warns of check scam
- Lee County sheriff warns of phone scam
- Tishomingo County warns of phone scam
- Lee County sheriff warns about scam
- Lafayette County warns of phone scam
- Sheriff issues warning about Lee County scam