STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Pet lovers only have one day left to adopt a pet for the reduced fee of $25.
The Oktibbeha County Humane Society is participating in the Empty the Shelters-Holiday Hope event.
The society is one of many shelters that received a grant from Bissell.
The grant reimbursed shelters for the regular fee as people take the opportunity to adopt pets at a reduced price.
Pet Marketing Assistant Erica Claycomb said the normal fee for adoption is $170. The price also includes spay and neuter.
The Oktibbeha County Human Society had 21 adoptions on Friday.
The event continues on Saturday, Dec. 14. The shelter's hours are 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Oktibbeha County Humane Society offers reduced pet adoption fee
- Oktibbeha Humane Society hosts clinic day
- Lee County Schools offer reduced lunches
- Oktibbeha hospital offers EMT program for firefighters
- Report: Oktibbeha County supervisors approve offer for property
- Student artwork supports Tupelo-Lee Humane Society
- Tupelo humane society hosts puppy, kitten shower
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one
- Tupelo-Lee County Humane Society opens door for new facility
- Humane society preps for move to new facility