OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A special judge has removed William Randle from the job as Okolona's police chief, ruling that he actually lost the Democratic primary earlier this year.
Randle was originally declared the primary winner in the race for town marshal, but Special Judge Barry Ford said Monday that Randle lost to Tommie Ivy Senior by two votes.
Ivy appealed his primary loss to Chickasaw County Circuit Court, which led to the decision.
By being declared the Democratic nominee, Ivy Senior will run against his son, independent Tommie Ivy Junior.
Governor Phil Bryant must set a date for the special election.
- Okolona voters to decide again on a police chief
- Ousted Okolona police chief to appeal ruling
- Former Okolona police chief passes away
- Former Okolona police chief laid to rest
- Okolona police actively search for shooting suspect
- Grenada voters decided on city-wide sports tax
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona police issue warning to Housing Authority tenants
- Macon police chief demoted