OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - New details emerge about the man caught out of state wanted for a shooting in Okolona.
Dewayne Brown, 35, was arrested Friday during a traffic stop in Minnesota where authorities discovered two warrants for his arrest.
One was out of Wisconsin where Brown faces false imprisonment, domestic abuse and battery charges. The other was from the Mississippi Department of Corrections for kidnapping after failing to report for a probation visit.
These warrants are on top of the warrant for aggravated assault in connection to the May shooting at the Happy Mart in Okolona.
Brown was previously sentenced to eight years in a Mississippi prison for two counts of kidnapping in 2006 and also arrested on drug charges in Chickasaw County.
He has an even longer criminal history in Wisconsin where he will likely go first before facing charges in Mississippi.
We will continue to follow this story as it develops.
- Okolona shooting suspect has long criminal history
- Okolona police investigate shooting
- Okolona police actively search for shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Okolona shooting victim listed as stable
- Okolona shooting marks third since Thanksgiving
- Man turns himself in after Okolona shooting
- Okolona store manager recalls weekend shooting
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona school superintendent to retire