OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) – Saturday’s shooting in Okolona marks the third shooting since Thanksgiving.
According to the Okolona Police Department, the first shooting happened on November 25 off of Jefferson Avenue at the Crestview Apartments.
As a result, police charged Andre Jernigan, 25, with shooting into a dwelling.
The second shooting happened on December 2 at 521 Academy Street. A male victim was critically wounded. His current condition is unknown.
As a result, police charged Jermaine Sacus, 25, with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
WTVA’s Rebecca Butcher will have a full report coming up on WTVA 9 News.
- Okolona shooting marks third since Thanksgiving
- UPDATE: Okolona shooting victim listed as stable
- Man turns himself in after Okolona shooting
- Okolona store manager recalls weekend shooting
- Okolona shooting suspect has long criminal history
- Okolona police actively search for shooting suspect
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- Tupelo Police investigate Thanksgiving shooting