OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - Okolona police are reminding citizens to be aware of the danger and consequences of possessing counterfeit money.
Police are encouraging all local businesses to pay close attention to every bill that comes through their doors.
Officers have been getting reports this month on the subject.
Police say a local man allegedly ordered $2,800 in fake money to use as a prank.
The suspect’s name has not been released by police at this time.
Police say they are working with the Secret Service and say the person could possibly face charges pending results of the investigation.
- Okolona police warn of counterfeit money
- Houston police investigating reports of counterfeit money
- Man arrested in Shannon with counterfeit money
- Booneville man charged with having counterfeit money
- Okolona Electric issues warning about phone scam
- Okolona police issue warning to Housing Authority tenants
- Ousted Okolona police chief to appeal ruling
- Former Okolona police chief passes away
- Former Okolona police chief laid to rest
- Okolona police actively search for shooting suspect