OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - The Junior NBA introduced its most comprehensive youth basketball initiative to Okolona Elementary School, marking a major milestone.
Students, mostly first-timers, tested their basketball skills on Thursday.
Darrell Hykes of Team America energetically coached the skills challenge.
Hykes, who is from Okolona, said Junior NBA will give kids an opportunity they may not otherwise have in a small town.
Three students will head to Atlanta to compete in a regional competition.
- Jaiydence Herron
- Javon Gates
- Bryson Washington
- Okolona native introduces Junior NBA to students
- Okolona native, and former NFL star Jack Gregory dies
- Okolona students honored for good grades
- Okolona police investigate shooting
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- Okolona begins spraying for mosquitoes
- Okolona Electric issues warning about phone scam
- Ousted Okolona police chief to appeal ruling