OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A man from Okolona and his hunting party captured a record-tying alligator.
According to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, Paul Edwards and his team captured the alligator on Thursday in the West Central Alligator Hunting Zone.
The West Central zone is in the Delta between Highway 82 and Interstate 20.
The alligator tied the record for the longest female alligator in public waters.
The gator measured 10 feet in length.
The state wildlife department certified the gator later that day.
- Okolona man, hunting crew capture record-tying gator
- Okolona police investigate shooting
- Man turns himself in after Okolona shooting
- Man wanted after Okolona drug raid
- Okolona Police: Man arrested in homicide investigation
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- Okolona begins spraying for mosquitoes
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida