OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - Utility customers in Okolona will have to make their payments another way in the wake of the coronavirus.
The Okolona Payment Center and the Okolona Electric Department are not allowing customers to enter the facilities to make payments, Mayor Sherman Carouthers said Tuesday afternoon.
Instead, customers should make payments using four alternate ways:
- Make a payment online at okolonaed.com
- Mail the payment
- P.O. Box 111
- Okolona, MS 38860-0111
- Use the dropbox
- Call 662-447-5482 to make a payment using a deposit or credit card.
Okolona made this change to protect its employees and the general public.
- Okolona makes change to payment collection process
- Okolona community make clean up efforts
- Okolona police investigate shooting
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- Okolona begins spraying for mosquitoes
- Okolona cleaning up Olga's mess
- Okolona church holds Thanksgiving feeding
- Hair love at Okolona Elementary