OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) – Okolona has a new town marshal after one candidate drops out of the race.
Okolona Mayor Sherman Carouthers says Tommie Ivy, Sr. is the newly elected town marshal for Okolona.
Ivy’s son Tommie Ivy, Jr. left the race.
Gov. Phil Bryant recently set a Jan. 9, 2018, date for a special election to fill the position.
Ivy will be sworn in on Tuesday, December 19 at 10 a.m. at city hall.
- Okolona has a new town marshal
- State's highest court issues ruling about Okolona town marshal election
- Appeals end, Okolona town marshal special election to be re-held
- Okolona police investigate shooting
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- Okolona begins spraying for mosquitoes
- Caledonia residents react to deputy town marshal resignation
- Town’s deputy marshal resigns amid fight investigation