OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A local church held their annual Christmas feeding on Tuesday hoping to spread holiday cheer.
The event represents a way to provide a meal along with church-related outreach, according to Pastor Jermal Boddie at the Grace Baptist Church.
This year's focus was to provide a meal for the elderly, homeless or anyone else who came through their doors.
"When you're thinking about giving back to the community, you have to think about what God has given you," he said. "He has given us everything we need. God is love, so we just want to show love and give back to the community to give them hope for their brothers and sisters that are down the down trotting to give them some hope."
This year's menu included ham, green beans, chicken and dressing with chocolate cake for dessert.
- Okolona church hosts annual Christmas feeding
- Tupelo church coalition feeds community
- Sturgis hosts annual motorcycle rally
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- Okolona begins spraying for mosquitoes
- Columbus soup kitchen hosts homeless for Christmas
- Tupelo hosts annual Bud and Burgers festival
- Oxford police hosts annual Fun Day