OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A bridge in Okolona is still closed after a sinkhole appeared nearly four weeks ago.
According to Okolona's Public Works Superintendent Richie Cousin, the bridge has been under construction since Monday.
He says that the plan was to have it finished by Friday but rain is delaying the completion until next week.
Cousin said they noticed the sinkhole about two weeks ago while they were cutting the grass.
The bridge is located on Main Street, next to the Okolona Police Department and Fire Department.
Cousin says that emergency vehicles have been delayed due to the fact that the bridge goes over railroad tracks, with a detour that takes a few minutes longer.
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- A sinkhole leads to a Okolona bridge closure
- Okolona police investigate shooting
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- Okolona begins spraying for mosquitoes
- Okolona Electric issues warning about phone scam
- Ousted Okolona police chief to appeal ruling
- UPDATE: Okolona shooting victim listed as stable
- Okolona shooting marks third since Thanksgiving