OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - The city of Okolona welcomes a brand new fire truck after 19 years of old equipment.
The Mayor of Okolona handed over a check for the new, bright red, giant.
According to the Fire Chief, Terry Tucker, they have been working to get the new truck for the last eight years.
Tucker says it has been 19 years since the department has gotten a new truck.
The new truck will provide the fire department with the most up-to-date technology and tools.
The Chief says the firemen will be able to perform better and more efficiently at their jobs with this new edition.
He also says the truck should help the department financially.
According to Mayor Sherman Carouthers, the city of Okolona received a loan from the Mississippi Development Authority to fund the purchase of the new truck.
- Okolona Fire Department gets new truck
- Tupelo Fire Department dedicates new fire truck
- Okolona police investigate shooting
- Okolona man charged with possession of stolen truck
- UPDATE: Okolona fire truck overturns en route to mobile house fire
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- Okolona begins spraying for mosquitoes
- Okolona cleaning up Olga's mess