NETTLETON, Miss. (WTVA) - Officers were able to seize a package in Nettleton which contained more than 20 pounds of drugs, leading to an arrest.
According to the Lee County Sheriff's Department, officers with the department and the Northeast Mississippi Narcotics Unit conducted an undercover investigation where a person from Monroe County was to receive a package in the mail at the Nettleton Post Office at 1 p.m. on Friday, May 4.
"Undercover agents observed a white vehicle, displaying a Monroe County tag driven by Angel Herndon pull up to the Nettleton Post Office and take possession of the package," the sheriff's department stated.
Herndon was then arrested by agents and Lee County deputies.
- Officers seize package containing drugs in Nettleton, arrest made
- Officers seize drugs in Tupelo, arrest made
- Drug agents arrest retired pharmacist from Nettleton
- Meth-filled package received at Baldwyn post office, arrest made
- Second arrest made in connection to threat made at Nettleton School
- UPDATE: Nettleton teen arrested, charged following shooting
- Officers seize large amount of drugs on I-22
- Drug arrests made in Itawamba County
- Drug arrests made in Monroe County
- Drug-related arrests made in Chickasaw County