BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Booneville police officer was transported to the hospital and has now been released after an accident near the Prentiss, Tippah County line.
Booneville Police Chief Michael Ramey says it happened during a pursuit Saturday.
Ramey says it started around 2:45 a.m. as officers responded to a domestic dispute, where a female had been assaulted on Hatchie Street.
Officers spotted the suspect's vehicle leaving the residence upon arriving and attempted to make a stop.
At that point, Ramey says the suspect ran from officers.
The chief says the accident happened on a county road near Highway 4, west of Booneville.
The officer was taken to Baptist Hospital in Booneville, then transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
The officer is doing well and has been released.
Police are still searching for the suspect. His name is not being released at this time.
- UPDATE: Officer released from hospital after wreck during pursuit
- UPDATE: Names released concerning fatal wreck in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Three sent to hospital after Monroe County wreck
- UPDATE: 6 taken to hospitals following Amory wreck
- UPDATE: Semi truck driver taken to hospital after Lowndes wreck
- Clay County pursuit ends with wreck in Oktibbeha County
- Officers respond to Columbus wreck
- UPDATE: Four charged in Tupelo following pursuit
- Monroe County wreck sends woman to hospital
- Lowndes County wreck sends woman to hospital