HAMILTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Monroe County officials have identified the two shooting victims from Thursday.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley says Jessie James Little, 33, of Aberdeen, was shot and killed at a residence on Old Columbus Road near Aberdeen. His time of death was 2:55 p.m.
Gurley says George Wayne McCallum, 33, of Sulligent, Alabama, was killed on McDuffie Cemetery Road in Hamilton. His time of death was 3:15 p.m.
Autopsies will be performed, says Gurley.
Following the shootings, Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell explained that sheriff's deputies first responded to the shooting death on Old Columbus Road.
Witnesses there told deputies the person responsible for the shooting fled, and they were able to provide a description of the alleged suspect's vehicle.
Cantrell said deputies began searching for the described vehicle.
When the vehicle was spotted, it led to a pursuit that ultimately led to an officer-involved shooting on McDuffie Cemetery Road.
Capt. Johnny Poulos with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation said a male subject was pronounced dead at the scene.
Gurley says both shootings were investigated by the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation.
Authorities have not released specific information as to what exactly transpired at both scenes.
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- Monroe County coroner identifies homicide victim
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- Coroner identifies victim of West Point shooting
- Coroner identifies Lee County drowning victim
- Winston County coroner identifies victim of explosion
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies deceased Lowndes County inmate
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash
- Coroner: 23-year-old identified as Starkville shooting victim