STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - OCH Regional Medical Center will be affiliating with the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
Tuesday's announcement comes one day after the hospital in Starkville announced a new chief executive officer, Jim Jackson.
It also comes after weeks of discussions with UMMC and two other hospital systems -- North Mississippi Health Services and Baptist -- about possible affiliation.
Interestingly, North Mississippi Medical Center, the flagship hospital of North Mississippi Health Services, has an affiliation agreement with UMMC.
- OCH Regional Medical Center affiliating with UMMC
- OCH talks UMMC affiliation and Blue Cross Blue Shield issue
- OCH Regional Medical names Jackson new admin/CEO
- UMMC, Anderson Regional affiliation to strengthen health care in East Mississippi
- UMMC, Vanderbilt reach agreement
- UMMC closing wellness center in Madison
- Report: OCH to hold special meeting to discuss possible affiliation with other hospital systems
- UMMC designated as National Telehealth Center of Excellence
- OCH to introduces new admin/CEO
- OCH introduces first baby of 2019