Update 09/25/18 2:54 p.m.
The following statement was released by current Noxubee County School District Superintendent Rodriguez Broadnax concerning the death of Wilma Mullins.
"It is with heartfelt sadness and sorrow we announce the sudden passing of high school English Teacher, Willa Mullins. Ms. Mullins has been a staple of the Noxubee County School District and the Noxubee County community and will be dearly missed by all students, parents, staff, administrators and community members. She has touched and transformed many lives throughout her career.
She loved her students and the Noxubee County High School Family, which she served for 23 years. She has been a huge asset throughout her education career. She served as an English Teacher, worked with the football team and was the advisor for the senior class.
Grief Counselors, parent coordinators, social workers and pastors from across the county are available at the high school for student and staff support during this tragic time. Ms. Mullins classroom will be used as a Memorial for students to drop off flowers, cards, balloons and other things to remember her.
We will keep her family in our thoughts and prayers.
Ms. Mullins has left a great legacy for the Noxubee County School District to follow. Ms. Mullins will never be forgotten!!!!"
According to the Macon Beacon, Brown also went by the name Wilma Mullins. The newspaper reports she was a respected teacher at Noxubee High School.
See the original post below.
NOXUBEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A traffic accident in Noxubee County claimed the life of a McCool woman.
According to Sgt. Derrick Beckom with the Mississippi Highway Patrol, the collision happened Monday sometime near 11:10 p.m. on Highway 45, south of Brooksville.
A Toyota truck was traveling south when it collided with the rear of a Chevrolet.
The driver of the Toyota was identified as Austin Giesbrecht, 25, of Macon.
The driver of the Chevrolet was identified as Wilma Brown, 59. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Giesbrecht was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus with moderate injuries.
The accident remains under investigation by MHP.
- UPDATE: Noxubee schools remember teacher killed in crash
- UPDATE: Name released of woman killed in Noxubee County crash
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Wanted Noxubee Co. man spotted
- UPDATE: Noxubee fugitive heading back to Mississippi
- UPDATE: Noxubee shooting suspect appears before judge
- UPDATE: Plantersville man indicted after crash kills Oxford teacher
- State may take over Noxubee County schools
- Takeover votes delayed on Humphreys, Noxubee schools
- Mississippi panel recommends takeover of Noxubee schools