MACON, Miss. (WTVA) - After the cold temperatures caused some pipes to freeze, classes have been canceled again Thursday in Noxubee County.
Superintendent Roger Liddell said this is because of a water main break at Noxubee County High School. All of the schools had frozen pipes Tuesday and Wednesday but some repairs have been made.
Wednesday was supposed to be the first day back to class for students. Staff and administrators did report to work Tuesday and Wednesday.
While it’s nice for the students to have an extended holiday break, these days will have to be made up later this school year.
Superintendent Liddell said he apologizes for problems this has caused students, parents and teachers in the district.
Schools are scheduled to re-open at normal time on Friday.
- Frozen pipes close Noxubee County schools again Thursday
- Frozen pipes force school closure in Noxubee County School District
- State may take over Noxubee County schools
- Noxubee County School District holds public meeting
- Noxubee County schools delay start Friday
- Noxubee County schools working to improve education
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- Second Noxubee County inmate surrenders
- Some Noxubee schools to close due to financial reasons
- Takeover votes delayed on Humphreys, Noxubee schools