MACON, Miss. (WTVA) - The State Auditor’s Office is demanding Noxubee County’s chancery clerk repay thousands of dollars.
Special agents delivered a civil demand to Mary Washington in the amount of $38,555.78, which includes interest and investigative costs.
According to the State Auditor’s Office, Washington donated almost $20,000 in public funds that were intended for office expenses to multiple local churches.
The donations took place from January 2010 to December 2012.
- Noxubee County chancery clerk ordered to repay money
- Noxubee County supervisor dies
- Hatcher announces he won't run for reelection as chancery judge
- Former DA Larry Little to seek chancery judge position
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- Second Noxubee County inmate surrenders
- Wayne County ex-court clerk charged with taking money
- Some without water in Noxubee County
- Water outage scheduled in Noxubee County
- Noxubee County man dies during morning wreck