BROOKSVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) -- A Noxubee County woman is found dead after a Brooksville house fire.
Coroner R.L. Calhoun said Carrie Mae Key, 82, died Thursday night.
He says a fire broke out at Key's home on Scott Street around 7:30 p.m.
It took volunteer firefighters roughly an hour to battle the flames.
The coroner said firefighters discovered Key's body near the front door.
He believes she was trying to escape but was overcome.
Key's body was sent to the state crime lab in Pearl for an autopsy.
The state fire marshal was called to assist with the investigation.
- Noxubee County woman died in house fire
- Noxubee County supervisor dies
- Noxubee County man dies during morning wreck
- Woman dies in Calhoun County house fire
- Fire erupts at Noxubee County poultry farm
- Noxubee County man dies in Neshoba County crash
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- Second Noxubee County inmate surrenders
- De Kalb man dies from Noxubee County wreck
- Coroner: Woman dies following morning house fire