MACON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Noxubee County Sheriff's Department will become Tom Roby's new office next year.
Roby currently works as a school officer at Noxubee County High School.
He has more than 20 years of experience working in law enforcement.
He said judging by the election results, the people of Noxubee County are ready for a change.
"I thank them for them giving me the opportunity to make that change. First, we are going to start by running a professional sheriff's department, an honest sheriff's department, and a department of the people," he said.
Roby said he plans to have at least two community meetings a year to help the community feel included in everything going on in the sheriff's department.
- Noxubee County sheriff-elect talks future plans
- Webster County supervisors talk future of sheriff
- Noxubee County supervisor dies
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- Second Noxubee County inmate surrenders
- Faulty machine delays election results in Noxubee County
- One charged in shooting of Noxubee County sheriff's son
- Update: Son of Noxubee County Sheriff released from the hospital
- Captain to temporarily fill in for Noxubee County sheriff
- Noxubee County Sheriff: Officers capture work center escapee