MACON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Noxubee County School District held a meeting on Tuesday that allowed residents, parents and family members an opportunity to meet the new interim superintendent, Rodriguez Broadnax.
Residents filled the gym and had an opportunity to listen to what Broadnax had for the coming year and years to come.
"Finances, personnel, having the right pieces in the right place, making sure we meet all of our accreditation standards to make sure we continue down the right path," he said.
One mother showed her excitement for the new administration.
"Great, I feel wonderful. I can't use any words to tell you how I really feel. I'm overwhelmed," said Carolyn Andrew.
Broadnax's first day will be on August 23.
- Noxubee County School District holds public meeting
- Frozen pipes force school closure in Noxubee County School District
- State to take over Noxubee County School District
- State board holds off on decision concerning Noxubee County schools
- Tupelo Public School District to hold job fair
- State may take over Noxubee County schools
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- Takeover votes delayed on Humphreys, Noxubee schools
- Mississippi panel recommends takeover of Noxubee schools
- Bomb threat made at Noxubee County High School