TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Wednesday night the 19th annual Northeast Mississippi Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Service was held in Tupelo.
The service was held at the Elvis Presley Birthplace in order to recognize Presley's lifelong appreciation for law enforcement.
Each year, current law enforcement officers, family, friends and the public gather to remember the fallen officers in the area.
This year's theme was family, so there was also focus on the family members of those fallen officers.
Debbie Brangenberg had the honor of speaking at this year's event. Brangenberg is the mother of fallen Tupelo police officer Gale Stauffer, who was killed in the line of duty in 2013.
- Northeast Mississippi Law Enforcement Officers Memorial held in Tupelo
- Tupelo memorial held for fallen officers
- Memorial service held for the homeless who died in Tupelo
- Residents react to law enforcement chase in Tupelo
- Tupelo chase suspect wanted by multiple law enforcement agencies
- First ever Mississippi Autism Resource Conference held in Tupelo
- Storms cause damage across northeast Mississippi
- Former law enforcement officer arrested on drug charges
- Man charged with hitting a law enforcement officer
- Law enforcement investigating officer-involved shooting in Tippah County