TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A former flight nurse for the North Mississippi Medical Center was honored Sunday.
A plaque was dedicated in his name.
Jim Spruiell died on Nov. 19, 2017, in a helicopter crash traveling to an Arkansas hospital. He was working for a company in Arkansas at the time.
Spruiell worked for the North Mississippi Medical Center for about four years but held the title of flight nurse for over 20 years. He died with the title of Chief Flight Nurse.
A former co-worker of Spruiell said he worked with him over 30 years ago in Houston, Mississippi. He expressed what it means to him to watch the dedication.
“I think it’s very fitting", Greg Stallworth said. "And I think what it does is, it’s a mentorship, in they can try to do what he did, and try to follow in his footsteps. And try to follow what he did to try to serve the community and try to serve people. And to be excellent at what he did.”
- North Mississippi Medical Center honors former flight nurse
- North Mississippi Medical Center closings
- North Mississippi Medical Center restricts visitation due to flu
- Memorial held to honor local flight nurse killed in crash
- Local flight nurse laid to rest
- Medical breakthrough to screen lung cancer available in north Mississippi
- North Mississippi sees flooding
- Local flight nurse killed in Arkansas helicopter crash
- Memorial service set for flight nurse killed in helicopter crash
- Winston Medical Center suing over opioids