STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Traffic on South Montgomery Street in Starkville is expected to be back to normal Friday afternoon after a water main break Wednesday left part of the road unstable.
One northbound lane is shut down between Lynn Lane and Locksley Way. Both southbound lanes are open.
The city street department will install a new surface on the unstable section of road.
City officials are telling drivers to be patient and expect delays in the area, especially on Friday morning.
- Normal traffic expected to resume Friday after Starkville water main break
- Report: Water main break repaired in Starkville
- New Albany schools resume normal operation after brief lockdown
- UPDATE: Aberdeen expects water results back Friday
- Itawamba water association can resume adding lines
- Traffic signal upgrade aims to ease traffic in Starkville
- Damaged water main fixed in Oxford
- Prices to increase for Starkville water
- Boil water notice inconveniences Starkville residents, businesses
- UPDATE: Students to return to school in Noxubee County following water main break