WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - A community feeding has stood the test of time.
Alma Brown, the manager of nonprofit Lifting Spirits, has been delivering food to her community for nearly 16 years.
She coordinated the West Point event on Wednesday.
Community members fellowshipped and volunteers prepared food for public delivery.
The food was delivered across north Mississippi to the sick and the homeless, among others.
On Wednesday, Lifting Spirits distributed more than 500 meals.
- Nonprofit Lifting Spirits distributes food across north Mississippi
- Advisories lifted on Mississippi beaches
- Sharing the Tupelo spirit
- North Mississippi sees flooding
- North Mississippi Medical Center closings
- Mississippi: Shutdown won't immediately affect food program
- UPDATE: Injured Tupelo firefighter in good spirits
- Starkville lifts burn ban
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- Amazon to locate distribution center near Birmingham