LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – No students were on a Lee County school bus during a collision Thursday morning.
Lee County School Superintendent Jimmy Weeks says the collision happened on Highway 363 east of the Natchez Trace bridge.
He says a car went into the lane of the school bus. The car clipped the left front fender of the bus. This caused the car to spin around. The car hit the bus again, then collided with another vehicle.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol confirms one death as a result of this wreck. Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green identifies the victim as 28-year-old Kayla Marie Darby of Saltillo. She was pronounced dead at the scene of multiple trauma.
Green says Darby was the unrestrained driver of one of the cars.
Weeks confirms the bus driver was not injured.
The driver of the other car was transported to the North Mississippi Medical Center with moderate injuries.
- UPDATE: Saltillo woman killed in Lee County collision
- Walnut woman killed in Alcorn County collision
- Lee County collision seriously injures tractor driver
- UPDATE: 1 killed in Lee County shooting
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- Clay County collision kills one
- UPDATE: Missing Lee County woman found
- UPDATE: Missing Lee County woman found safe
- UPDATE: Pedestrian killed in Lowndes collision
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens