EUPORA, Miss. (WTVA) - No one was injured in an early Monday afternoon house fire in Eupora.
Webster County EMA Director Barry Rushing says firefighters received the call near noon about a house fire on Veterans Memorial Boulevard in Eupora.
He says the single-story house suffered heavy damage, and the inside is a total loss.
Connie Shurden lived in the home and had just finished remodeling. She was not home at the time of the fire.
Her 10 month old dog Beau was home and had to be rescused by firefighters. They gave the dog CPR on the scene to revive him and he is now recovering at the vet.
Shurden and her family are thankful no one was hurt and just ask for prayers during this devastating time.
Any donations can be brought to First Baptist Church in Eupora.
The cause of the fire is under investigation but firefighters believe the fire started in a back room.
Eupora and Walthall firefighters responded to the scene.
- No injuries in Eupora house fire
- No injuries in Eupora plant fire
- Firefighters battle Eupora business blaze
- No injuries in New Albany house fire
- No injuries in Union County house fire
- No injuries in Oktibbeha County house fire
- No injuries in Lowndes County house fire
- No injuries in Hamilton house fire
- No injuries in Algoma house fire
- Several injuries in Webster County house fire