CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - No injuries were reported after a car rammed into a Corinth gas station on Tuesday.
Major Josh Fortenberry says the Chevron is located on Highway 72 East. According to him, the male driver accidentally pushed the gas pedal instead of the brake.
A manager tells WTVA the driver was disabled.
"The guy had one leg, said Johnathan Lovelace, the day of the wreck it was just his third day on the job. "If you ask me he shouldn't be driving but he said his leg went numb."
Store management is still estimating the cost of total repairs.
- Store manager says driver who smashed into gas station disabled
- Arrest made following Baldwyn gas station burglary
- Car damages front of Tupelo gas station
- Okolona store manager recalls weekend shooting
- Columbus driver's license station closed temporarily
- Tupelo driver's license station temporarily closed
- 12 Mississippi driver's license stations closing Wednesday
- MHP: Some drivers licenses stations closed Wednesday
- Statewide driver's license stations are back open
- Mississippi casinos oppose video gambling in gas stations