Update 10/08/18 10:37 a.m.
Approximately 95 residents in the Aurora Health and Rehab Center have been displaced after the early morning fire.
Employees say the fire happened in a storage room and not inside a resident's room.
The center's administrator says everything is okay at this time.
Administrator RJ Alipour says the residents are safe.
Employees have cleaned up the Aurora Health & Rehab Center, and they are now waiting on the State Health Department to do a safety check.
— Kayla Thompson (@KThompsonTV) October 8, 2018
See the original post below.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Residents at a Columbus nursing home were evacuated following a morning fire.
The fire happened at the Aurora center at 310 Emerald Drive.
The fire happened sometime near 4 a.m.
No one was injured.
The residents were transferred to nearby Fairview Baptist Church due to smoke.
This is a developing story.
- No injuries at Columbus nursing home fire
- No injuries in Columbus fire
- Columbus home catches fire
- Government flags Columbus nursing home over poor care
- Columbus superintendent Hickman fired
- No injuries in Tupelo home fire
- No injuries reported in mobile home fire
- House destroyed in Columbus fire
- Columbus fire truck in accident
- No serious injuries in Columbus school bus accident