FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — One-year-old Lucas Warren’s contagious smile won over executives at Gerber baby food who have made him their “spokesbaby” this year.
Lucas is Gerber’s first spokesbaby with Down syndrome in the company’s 91-year history.
His photo was chosen out of more than 140,000 submissions. He will receive $50,000, and the Dalton, Georgia, boy’s image will be featured in the company’s social media posts.
Lucas’ mom, Cortney Warren, says she hopes this will bring help increase the acceptance of special needs kids.
- Next Gerber baby will be a boy with Down syndrome
- Royal baby: It's a boy for Kate on England's national day
- Baby alerts family of burning house
- Tupelo Buffalo Park welcomes new baby buffalo
- Boy dies in accidental shooting
- UPDATE: Missing Clarksdale boy found
- Sheriff: Girl shot by boy dies
- Police investigate death of baby born in abandoned house
- Update: Person of interest in baby's kidnapping released without charge
- Baby being treated in hospital, man accused of shaking her