Editor's Note: This article has been modified. The original article was reported by The Associated Press.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - The sports editor for a Columbus newspaper has been arrested for child exploitation.
On Tuesday, Ronald Scott Walters, 47, was arrested by Starkville police on a warrant from the Horn Lake Police Department.
Walters was the sports editor at The Commercial Dispatch at the time of his arrest, reports the newspaper.
He is accused of having inappropriate contact with a minor, confirmed Horn Lake Police Capt. Joseph Keene.
Keene said police received the initial complaint on Nov. 12, 2018. He said the alleged communication started electronically.
Walters has since been returned to Horn Lake. His bond was set at $75,000.
His next court date is March 21.
- UPDATE: Newspaper editor returned to Horn Lake following arrest
- Calhoun County newspaper editor passes away
- Health of Horn Lake shooting victim is improving
- MBI investigating deadly officer-involved shooting in Horn Lake
- UPDATE: Power returning in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Stolen Shiloh signs returned
- UPDATE: Missing boater found in Grenada Lake
- UPDATE: Enid Lake drowning ruled accidental
- Publisher of The New Tri-State Defender newspaper dies
- Gunman kills 5 in attack targeting Maryland newspaper