TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo/Lee County Hunger Coalition has announced a summer backpack program to make sure local kids have food during the summer.
"We are starting a summer backpack program to provide weekly food boxes for at-risk kids across Tupelo and Lee County and including Baldwyn," stated the organization. "We will prepare the 5,400 boxes we need to serve the children on our list on Thursday, May 31, 2018, at the BancorpSouth Arena from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m."
The organization says it's looking for volunteers to help put the food boxes together.
For more information, call the coalition at 662-432-1894.
- New summer backpack program coming to Tupelo, Lee County
- Tupelo-Lee County ready to begin summer backpack program
- Student artwork supports Tupelo-Lee Humane Society
- Tupelo, Lee County hold drug take-back day early
- UPDATE: Tupelo man dies in Lee County wreck
- Tupelo man arrested for assaulting women in Lee County
- Tupelo-Lee County Humane Society opens door for new facility
- Change coming to Tupelo intersection
- Retail development coming to Tupelo
- Summer program expands education in Okolona