LOUISVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A new splash pad has been added to Ivy Park in Louisville.
The splash pad includes a slide, swings, rubber floors and jungle gym.
This is part of a renovation project that began after the 2014 tornado.
The project also includes a new field for Louisville High School baseball and softball.
Plans are also underway to turn a former church building into an interior recreation center and event space.
"We have a lot of untapped potential,” Mayor Will Hill said. “So, it was about construction, but now it's about events. So that's where we're headed, and we're getting very close to dedicating this project."
Local elementary school students are taking field trips to the park this week to celebrate the splash pad’s “soft opening.”
The splash pad’s grand opening will be held later this summer.
- New splash pad is part of renovation project at Louisville park
- Tupelo to close splash pads during weekdays
- Louisville celebrates Walmart milestone
- Park in Louisville to close temporarily for construction
- UPDATE: Missing Louisville man found
- UPDATE: Missing Louisville girl found
- Louisville welcomes new police chief
- Starkville looks to renovate some city parks
- Louisville woman arrested following casino hotel stabbing
- Louisville .family recovering from storm damage