WINONA, Miss. (AP) - A judge has set a new site for next week's bail hearing for a Mississippi man who has been tried six times for murder in the 1996 shooting deaths of four people in a furniture store.
Court officials said Monday that Curtis Flowers' hearing will take place Dec. 16 at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Winona.
Last week, Circuit Judge Joseph Loper said the hearing would take place on that date in another county.
But Loper's schedule changed, and the hearing was moved to Montgomery County, where Flowers is charged. Four of Flowers' convictions were overturned, and two ended in mistrials.
- New site for bail hearing of Mississippi man tried 6 times
- Another Mississippi city agrees to jail and bail changes
- Scammer pretending to be a bail bondsman
- Curtis Flowers seeks bail, end to charges
- Distant jurors to hear trial for 8 killings in Mississippi
- US judge hears arguments about Mississippi election system
- Federal court hears felon voting rights case in Mississippi
- This Site's Terms of Service
- Adidas rep stays free without bail in college hoops scandal
- Booneville man accused of stealing batteries from construction site