TALLAHATCHIE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tallahatchie Board of Supervisors has appointed a new sheriff after former sheriff William Brewer was arrested, according to The Sun-Sentinel.
District One Justice Court Judge Jimmy Fly will fill the position.
Brewer resigned earlier this week after he was arrested on federal drug and extortion charges, according to a press release from the FBI.
For more information on the arrest, see our original article here.
- New sheriff appointed amid scandal
- Hill appointed interim sheriff in Lafayette County
- Webster County supervisors must appoint new sheriff following arrest
- Local farmers appointed to federal soybean board
- Governor won't appoint self to U.S. Senate
- Trump appoints Keenum to agriculture board
- Auburn receives federal subpoena in bribery scandal
- Gov. Bryant appoints Cindy Hyde-Smith to succeed Thad Cochran
- Gov. Bryant appoints Col. Greg Michel director of MEMA