TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) — The Mississippi Department of Transportation has released new information concerning the death of one of its employees Wednesday in Itawamba County.
MDOT district engineer Mark Holley said construction manager Jeff Boren was on the shoulder of Interstate 22 picking up a road sign that had blown over when an 18-wheeler struck Boren.
That happened approximately one mile east of the weigh station near the Alabama line.
Condolences for Boren are being posted on his Facebook page as well as on the page of Ozark Baptist Church in Marietta, where he was a deacon.
- New information released on death of MDOT worker
- MDOT worker involved in Lowndes County rollover
- MDOT worker struck, killed in Itawamba County
- MDOT worker dies in south Mississippi accident
- MDOT awards construction contracts
- Landslides worry MDOT engineers
- MDOT suspending work during holiday period
- MDOT provides safety tips for winter travel
- MDOT moving forward with local construction projects
- Winners announced for MDOT District 1 roadeo